Ingham Student Art Exhibit
2021-22 Ingham Student Art Exhibit
The Ingham Student Art Exhibit is a celebration of excellence in the visual arts and is hosted by Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center, Ingham Intermediate School District (ISD) and the Michigan Education Leadership Group (MELG). The competition is open to all K-12 students and those 18+ who participate in the Young Adult SE Program within the Ingham Intermediate School District service area.
2021 Ingham Student Art Exhibition - Virtual Exhibit
The selected artwork is on exhibition at Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center, Ingham ISD’s Thorburn Education Center and at the MELG.
We are proud of all students taking part in this annual event and hope you will take a moment to view the entire 2021-22 exhibit.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
- Schools within the Ingham ISD’s service area were eligible to apply.
- Students in K-12 and those 18+ who participated in the Young Adult SE Program within the Ingham Intermediate School District service area were eligible to participate.
- One submission per student was allowed.
- Each participating school was allowed up to 20 entries of student artwork.
- Artwork must have been created during the 2020-21 academic school year.
- All work must be two dimensional, suitable for framing, and may not exceed 18” in either direction.
- School-appropriate subjects are accepted (i.e., no images of weapons, drugs, gang symbols, alcohol, smoking, racial or gender slurs, etc.).
JURY PROCESS AND EXHIBITIONS
From eligible entries, a qualified juror, artist Steph Joy Hogan, selected 50 works to be professionally framed by Wheaton's Framing and Art Gallery. Framed artwork will be exhibited for one year in a partner facility. The partner facilitates include the lobbies of the Ingham ISD in Mason, the MELG on the westside of Lansing and the Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center's Student Gallery in Downtown Lansing.
For more information regarding the Ingham Student Art Exhibit, please contact Michelle Carlson, Education Director, Lansing Art Gallery and Education Center.