Ingham Student Art Exhibit
2023 Ingham Student Art Exhibit
The Ingham Student Art Exhibit is a celebration of excellence in the visual arts and is hosted by Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center, Ingham Intermediate School District (ISD) and the Michigan Education Leadership Group (MELG). The competition is open to all K-12 students and those 18+ who participate in the Young Adult SE Program within the Ingham Intermediate School District service area.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
- Schools within the Ingham ISD’s service are eligible to apply.
- Students in K-12 and those 18+ in the Young Adult SE Program within the Ingham ISD's service area may participate.
- One submission per student is allowed with no more than 20 entries per individual school.
- Artwork must have been created during the 2022-23 academic school year.
- All work must be two dimensional, suitable for framing and may not exceed 18” in either direction.
- School-appropriate subjects are accepted (i.e., no images of weapons, drugs, gang symbols, alcohol, smoking, racial or gender slurs, etc.).
Entries will be accepted via the online platform Submittable. Art Instructors and/or Parents/Guardians may submit student artwork online. To create a submission, please visit the Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center's 2023 Ingham Student Art Exhibit.
JURY PROCESS AND EXHIBITIONS
From eligible entries, a qualified juror will select up to 50 works of art to be professionally framed by Wheaton's Framing and Art Gallery. Framed artwork will be exhibited for one year in a professional partner facility. The partner facilitates include the lobbies of the Ingham ISD in Mason, the MELG Building on the west side of Lansing and the Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center's Student Gallery in Downtown Lansing. The jury process will take place between March 13 – 14, 2023.
Teachers will be notified, by email, regarding artwork selections and acceptance on March 15, 2023. Teachers with accepted student artwork for exhibition will work with the Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center Staff to obtain parent/guardian permission for exhibition. Artwork without parent/guardian permission will not be exhibited.
Artwork drop-off will take place March 23-25, 2023. Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center Education Staff will work with teachers to coordinate the drop-off of selected artwork.
Based on gathering guidelines in effect at the time, opening receptions will be held in early-May 2023, to formally recognize students with artwork on exhibition. The decision to meet in person will be made and announced closer to the opening date.