Special Education Parent Advisory Committee
Meet the Ingham Intermediate School District (ISD) Special Education Parent Advisory Committee
- A student with an IEP should be an active participant in the community.
- The student comes first, not the disability.
- Students with an IEP should be supported by parents, students and the community.
- Parents, schools and community partnerships should provide opportunities that promote independence for students with IEPs.
Our members have been involved in a number of issues of special interest, including:
- Parent and Family Support and Education
- Special Education Legislation
- Special Education Funding
- Least Restrictive Environment
- Transition Services
- College and Career Readiness
Parent Advisory Committee members are recommended for appointment by their local school districts. We try to ensure that our members represent the various disabilities of students enrolled in our programs. Questions may be directed to any parent representative listed in this brochure. Each member will be happy to help you become more aware of the services, supports and opportunities available to you and your child.
Join us at any Special Education Parent Advisory Committee Meeting - Annual Calendar
Thorburn Education Center - 2630 West Howell Road, Mason, MI
Business Meetings - Virtual meetings through May 2022
All parents of children with an Individualized Education Program (IEP), in the Ingham ISD service area, are welcome to attend or participate in our meetings online. Watch our Facebook page for more information.
June, July, August - No regular meetings
September 17, 2022 - Saturday, 1:00-3:00 pm
7th Annual Fall Fun Fest - Hawk Island Park
September 21, 2022 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
October 19, 2022 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
November 12, 2022 - Saturday, 11:00 am-2:00 pm
Transition Expo - Waverly High School
November 16, 2022 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
December - No regular meeting
January 18, 2023 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
February 15, 2023 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
March 15, 2023 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
April 19, 2023 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
May 17, 2023 - Wednesday, 6:30 pm
The mission of the Ingham Intermediate School District (ISD) Special Education Parent Advisory Committee is to promote partnerships among parents and educators that benefit students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).