To ensure the safety, health and well-being of our staff, families and students we have put many strategies in place to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
These safety practices, along with the other strategies listed below, are part of Ingham ISD's COVID-19 plan.
- Masks are required for all staff, students, and families. Additional personal protective equipment is available.
- Health screenings are in place for all staff aligned with the recommendations for the Ingham County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Families are asked to screen children and/or themselves before sending children to school or attending appointments for Ingham ISD services.
- Students in Ingham ISD programs currently have their temperature taken prior to either getting on the bus or entering the school building.
- Classrooms are cleaned between cohorts.
- In addition to regular night time cleanings, our facilities team has hired additional staff to support heightened cleaning efforts
Cleaning and Disinfection
During the shutdown, all buildings have been cleaned and disinfected. All hard surfaces were disinfected, and a fogging disinfectant was sprayed in all areas of buildings.
Disinfectant, sanitizers and other approved cleaning supplies will be available for workspaces, shared equipment and other common surfaces.
High traffic areas, offices, and common areas will continue to be disinfected with the fogging machine and high touch surfaces wiped with the 3M Quat disinfectant.
Closure of Some Common Areas
Lunch and break room areas are closed until further notice for seating. Other common areas may be closed on a building-by-building basis. Coffee stations and drinking fountains will be temporarily closed. However, hydration stations for filling water bottles will remain open. Some vending machines will be available for staff use only, please follow appropriate cleaning protocols.
Hand Sanitizer Locations
The CDC states that cleaning hands at key times with soap and water or using hand sanitizer are the most important steps people can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to those around them. Ingham ISD has made hand sanitizer readily available throughout the district, in all buildings/sites, and programs. Additional hand sanitizing stations are being procured.
Maximize Fresh Air Protocol
Each building utilizes HVAC units to supply outside air into the building to maintain indoor air quality. We have increased our mechanical HVAC equipment inspection protocol from three times a year to now four times a year. This includes filter changes and coil cleaning.
Wherever possible, HVAC equipment will be adjusted to provide maximum airflow into the building. The objective is to ensure that fresh air is provided to buildings occupied by employees.
All air handling units have been fitted with iWave devices. The iWave device uses electronic ionization to kill any viruses in the air to keep our airflow safe.
Reopening of Facilities
To prepare for the reopening of buildings in July/August, Ingham ISD:
- Cleaned and disinfected all workstations and accessible offices
- Cleaned and disinfected all common areas – this includes break and lunch areas, classrooms, hallways, entrances, meeting rooms, and restrooms
- Instituted daily and weekly cleaning protocols, utilizing checklists. Cleaning will occur throughout the day, especially “touchpoints.”
- Provided hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, hand soap, and disinfectant sprays throughout the district
- Purchased three electrostatic spray cleaners•Implemented social distancing guidelines
- Developed and provided training content in the form of infographics, written material, and videos
- Designed measures to control the flow of people entering buildings
- Assured distancing measures and other protective barriers around workstations
- Designated work entrances and work areas
- Purchased face coverings and other personal protective equipment (PPE) for any adult working at Ingham ISD
- Created protocols requiring all staff and visitors to wear face coverings
- Restructured office areas as necessary
- Established visitor protocols
- Installed ionization technology in our heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) units
- Sampled spaces to see if COVID-19 was present, all tests returned negative results
Workstation, Classroom and Office Cleaning
Common areas and other high traffic areas will be cleaned daily or more as needed. Disinfectants will be available. Those areas include:
- Shared office spaces
- Meeting rooms