To ensure the safety, health and well-being of our staff, families and students we have put many strategies in place to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
These safety practices, along with the other strategies listed below, are part of Ingham ISD's COVID-19 plan.
- Masks are required for all staff, students, and families. Additional personal protective equipment is available.
- Health screenings are available for all staff aligned with the recommendations for the Ingham County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Families are asked to screen children and/or themselves before sending children to school or attending appointments for Ingham ISD services.
- Al common areas including break and lunch areas, classrooms, hallways, entrances, meeting rooms and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily and weekly following cleaning protocols, utilizing checklists and electrostatic spray cleaners.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, hand soap and disinfectant sprays are available throughout the district.
- Ionization technology is maintained in our heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units.
Cleaning and Disinfection
All buildings will be cleaned and disinfected daily utilizing a fogging disinfectant spray in all areas of buildings.
Disinfectant, sanitizers and other approved cleaning supplies are available for workspaces, shared equipment and other common surfaces.
Hand Sanitizer Locations
The CDC states that cleaning hands at key times with soap and water or using hand sanitizer are the most important steps people can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to those around them. Ingham ISD has made hand sanitizer readily available throughout the district, in all buildings/sites, and programs.
Maximize Fresh Air Protocol
Each building utilizes HVAC units to supply outside air into the building to maintain indoor air quality. We have increased our mechanical HVAC equipment inspection protocol from three times a year to now four times a year. This includes filter changes and coil cleaning.
Wherever possible, HVAC equipment will be adjusted to provide maximum airflow into the building. The objective is to ensure that fresh air is provided to buildings occupied by employees.
All air handling units have been fitted with iWave devices. The iWave device uses electronic ionization to kill any viruses in the air to keep our airflow safe.
Workstation, Classroom and Office Cleaning
Common areas and other high traffic areas will be cleaned daily or more as needed. Disinfectants will be available. Those areas include:
- Shared office spaces
- Meeting rooms