Events and Activities
VIRTUAL TRANSITION Career Expo
VIRTUAL TOUR: TECHNICAL CAREERS DIVISION - LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WEST CAMPUS
Spark your future at the upcoming Career Expo! What is your career plan?
FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 2021
Pre-registration is required through local school district special education department.
WHY ATTEND THE TRANSITION CAREER EXPO?
- Take a virtual tour of the Technical Careers Division at Lansing Community College-West Campus to learn about several career opportunities.
- Electronically receive resources regarding career programs and scholarship opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
High school juniors, parents, guardians, teachers, counselors and transition coaches within the Ingham ISD service area.
For additional information, please contact Leanne Minshall - 517.244.1298
Event Hosted by
PROJECT SEARCH: VIRTUAL PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT - JANUARY 6, 2021
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6, 2021
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Registration required. Email Kelly Sweet-House by January 5, 2021.
Zoom link will be sent to registrants on Wednesday, January 5.
WHY ATTEND THE PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT?
Learn about Ingham ISD's Spartan Project SEARCH site on the campus of Michigan State University
- Meet staff and instructors
- Learn about internship sites
- Electronically receive information/application
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Parents, guardians, teachers and transition coaches within the Ingham ISD, Clinton RESA and Eaton RESA service areas interested in pursuing student enrollment in a Project SEARCH program.
For additional information, please contact Kelly Sweet-House - 517.244.1314
VIRTUAL TRANSITION EXPO - RECORDED WEBINAR - NOVEMBER 7, 2020
Ingham ISD's Special Education Parent Advisory Committee welcomes you to the 8th annual Transition Expo!
Saturday, November 7, 2020
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Goal: To provide families and students with an IEP, vital resources for transitioning toward independence.
- Audience Focus: Students grade 6 – age 26, Parents, Transition Coordinators, Teachers, Counselors, School Administrators
This year’s Transition Expo featured two live webinars with a private chat for students/parents to submit questions. Resource information from Community Partners is also available for students, parents, and members of the community to access.
Webinar Session Videos
- "Disability Network Capital Area Programs for Students" - Jean Harris and "Basic Social Security" - Phil Kozachik, Disability Network Capital Area
- "Know How to Go: Take Your IEP to College" - Michele Strasz, Capital Area College Access Network and Amanda Preston, Center for Student Access, Lansing Community College
For more information, call 517.244.1298 or email Leanne Minshall.