Speech & Language Impaired
The role of Ingham ISD Speech-Language Pathologists is to assess and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive communication, voice and fluency skills in students.
Speech-Language Pathology service delivery can be direct or consultative and can occur within the therapy setting, classroom, school environment, or community.
- Analyzing, adapting, modifying, or creating instructional materials
- Conducting assessments or gathering baseline data
- Consulting with educational staff and families regarding classroom accommodations, modifications and assistive technology
- Monitoring student progress via data checks and observations
- Participating in team or Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings
- Planning interventions
- Programming or instructing others on augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices