Educational Audiologists can help the school personnel to understand the effects of hearing loss of a student on academics and assist them in managing the hearing loss in the classroom. The Educational Audiologist can help to control the classroom acoustics in order to cancel background noise and train staff how to use Hearing Assistive Technology (HAT) equipment appropriately.
Ingham ISD Educational Audiologists:
- Provide student evaluation for eligibility determination in collaboration with local school district teams
- Inform and describe the educational impact of hearing loss with parents and educators
- Support students with hearing loss
- Advise school personnel on how to accommodate students' hearing loss in the classroom
- Ensures that customized equipment needed to access the curriculum, consistently works
- Conduct hearing assistive technology (HAT) evaluations for students and provide HAT operation assistance and support to the staff