Ingham Student Art Exhibit
The 19th Annual Ingham Student Art Exhibit is coming soon! Lansing Art Gallery, the Michigan Leadership Group* and Ingham ISD host this celebration of excellence in the visual arts.
This competition is open to all students within the Ingham ISD service area. Student artwork created during the 2018-19 school year is eligible. Each participating school is allowed up to 20 entries. From eligible entries, a qualified juror will select 50 works of art to be professionally framed and exhibited for one year in a professional partner facility. These include the lobbies of the Michigan Education Leadership Group in Lansing, Ingham Intermediate School District in Mason, and new this year, within Lansing Art Gallery’s Student Art Gallery and partnering businesses in the area. Lansing Art Gallery curates both exhibits and designates at which facility the artwork will be shown.
- Dimension: all work must be two dimensional and suitable for framing. Three-dimensional artwork will not be accepted.
- Subject matter: all subjects are accepted, as long as they are school appropriate (i.e., no weapons, drugs, gang symbols, alcohol, smoking, racial or gender slurs, etc.).
- Size: artwork must be no larger than 18" in either direction.
- Entry form: all entries must have a completed entry form paper--clipped to the back of the artwork (no staples or tape please). Student contact information will be requested once jury process is complete.
- Delivery Locations: Submissions can be hand--delivered or mailed to:
Ingham Intermediate School District
Thorburn Education Center
2630 West Howell Road
Mason, MI 48854
Lansing Art Gallery
119 N. Washington Square, Suite 101
Lansing, MI 48933
Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Deadline for Ingham ISD deliveries: entries must be received by 5:00 pm on February 8, 2019.
- Deadline for Lansing Art Gallery deliveries: entries must be received by 3:00 pm on February 9, 2019.
- Returns: All artwork not selected for exhibition will be hand-delivered to each school by Ingham ISD.
SAVE THE DATES!
Ingham Intermediate School District Reception - MAY 1, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Lansing Art Gallery and Education Center Reception - MAY 2, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Michigan Education Leadership Group Reception - MAY 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM
For more information, contact Michele Carlson at Lansing Art Gallery - 517.374.6400 x0.