The Early College at LCC Online Application
Welcome to the Online Application for The Early College at Lansing Community College
Thank you for choosing The Early College at Lansing Community College (LCC). Please complete all fields in the application.
Please know that by submitting this application, you and your parents/guardians agree to the following assurances:
The Early College offers a rigorous academic curriculum that will focus on strong academic preparation and Success Skills – soft skills and successful college habits – so students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits, a certificate, or degree. Participation will require me to demonstrate a high level of commitment, maturity and responsibility. I understand participation in the program requires my full academic, social and emotional commitment if I want to achieve my full potential. I declare the information provided in this application packet is true and complete, and that the essay and test scores represent my own work.
I understand my participation in my child’s education will help determine his or her likelihood of success in this program. I agree to be accessible and readily available to the school to discuss my child’s progress and development. I recognize acceptance at The Early College requires a commitment through grade 13. I also understand attendance and full participation in all programmatic activities is vital to my student’s success and transportation to and from Lansing Community College is the responsibility of the student/family. I understand acceptance into this school is a privilege and my child must maintain the school standards in order to remain enrolled. Failure to meet standards may result in dismissal.
You will receive an email confirmation once the completed application is received. A copy will also be shared with your high school counselor. If you have any questions, please contact Lonnie Thomas, Ingham ISD.
The Early College at LCC Application
APPLICATION ESSAY GUIDELINES
Please write 500-700 words about why you want to be accepted to The Early College at LCC. The Early College requires honesty and originality in a student’s academic work. Remember, you have signed an assurance statement indicating this essay is your own, original work.
Why do you want to be accepted into The Early College at LCC?
Thinking about the Topic
- What do you like about The Early College concept?
- Why would you prefer The Early College over the high school you are attending now?
- What qualities do you have that make you a good fit for The Early College?
- What do you hope to accomplish by attending The Early College?
- What interests you about exploring or focusing on?
- What are your specific goals for life after high school?
Writing about the Topic
You might, for example, do one of the following:
- Describe the special talents you have that will help you succeed in The Early College.
- Discuss the reasons you are interested in The Early College.
- Explain why you would prefer The Early College over a traditional high school.
- Describe how you learned about The Early College and why it appeals to you.
- Discuss the career you wish to pursue.
Use this checklist as a guide for your writing
- Is my name listed on my essay?
- Do I have a clear central idea that connects to the topic?
- Do I stay focused on my central ideas?
- Do I support my central idea with important details/examples?
- Do I need to take out details/examples that DO NOT support my central idea?
- Is my writing organized and complete with a clear beginning, middle and end?
- Do I use a variety of interesting words, phrases and/or sentences?
Checklist for polishing
- Have I checked and corrected my spelling to help readers understand my writing?
- Have I checked and corrected my punctuation and capitalization to help readers understand my writing?
- Have I typed my essay following these formatting requirements: 1” margins, 12 point font, single-spaced?
- Have I met the length requirement of 500-700 words?