With the High School Diploma Completion Initiative, you can get your high school diploma and earn college credits at the same time.
Students take classes at Lansing Community College taught by LCC instructors. This year-round program expects daily attendance and hard work. In return, students will be able to receive a high school diploma from a host Ingham/Eaton county high school.
It's time to take the first step on the journey to a better life!
- You must between the ages of 16 and 19
- You must be enrolled or be able to re-enroll in a participating Ingham or Eaton County high school.
- You must have completed at least 1/2 of the required high school credits needed to graduate from the host high school
- Complete your goal of earning a high school diploma
- No cost to students or families – all books, materials and tuition provided
- Get a solid start on college
For more information such as frequently asked questions, sample schedules, the student handbook and other helpful links, please visit the Lansing Community College website at High School Diploma Completion Initiative.
We are excited that you are working toward enrollment in the High School Diploma Completion Initiative (HSDCI). Here are the requirements to be considered for acceptance into the HSDCI program.
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Attend mandatory Informational Meeting (1-hour session)
- Be between the ages of 16-19 years before September 1st of the current school year or have an active IEP for special education services
- Be enrolled in a participating Ingham or Eaton County high school that will grant the high school diploma
- Have approval from host high school to enroll in HSDCI.
- Have completed at least ½ of the required high school credit s needed to graduate from the host high school
- Complete HSDCI Application
- Submit Statement of Interest
- Submit all required documentation:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of photo ID
- Complete high school transcript from host high school
- Signed Host High School Assurance Form
- Complete Accuplacer Assessment Prep and LCC Applicatio n with HSDCI staff member (2-hour session)
- Schedule to attend and earn Lansing Community College Accuplacer assessment levels of at least ...
- (4) in Reading
- (4) in Writing
- (4) in M at h or CPT Level of 20-8 0 on Arithmetic test
- Interview with HSDCI team
Additional Steps Needed after Successful Interview:
- Attend mandatory HSDCI orientation week prior to the launch of term (9:00am-3:00pm)
- Return completed Authorization for Release of Information
- Make a commitment to complete the HSDCI program
- Comply with a mandatory schedule
- Abide by HSDCI handbook and college policies
- Attend required conferences led by students
How to Apply
Complete the Online Inquiry Record Form to attend Informational Meeting or call 517.483.9707.
- 4 credit college courses equal 1.5 high school credit
- 3 credit college courses equal 1 high school credit
- 1-2 credit college courses equal 0.5 high school credit