Ingham Student Art Exhibit
The 17th Annual Ingham Student Art Exhibit is coming soon! Lansing Art Gallery, the Michigan Leadership Group*, and Ingham ISD host this celebration of excellence in the visual arts.
This competition is open to all students within the Ingham ISD service area. Student artwork created during the 2016-17 school year is eligible. Each participating school is allowed up to 20 entries. From these entries, a qualified juror will select 40 works of art to be professionally framed and exhibited. The winning artwork will be displayed for one year in the lobbies of the Michigan Education Leadership Group in Lansing and Ingham ISD in Mason. Lansing Art Gallery curates both exhibits and designates at which facility the work will be shown.
- Dimension: all work must be two dimensional and suitable for framing. Three--dimensional artwork will not be accepted.
- Subject matter: all subjects are accepted, as long as they are school appropriate (i.e., no weapons, drugs, gang symbols, alcohol, smoking, racial or gender slurs, etc.).
- Size: artwork must be no larger than 18" in either direction.
- Entry form: all entries must have a completed entry form paper--clipped to the back of the artwork (no staples or tape please). Student contact information will be requested once jury process is complete.
- Delivery Locations: Submissions can be hand--delivered or mailed to:
Ingham Intermediate School District
Thorburn Education Center
2630 West Howell Road
Mason, MI 48854
Lansing Art Gallery
119 N. Washington Square, Suite 101
Lansing, MI 48933
Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Deadline for Ingham ISD deliveries: entries must be received by 5:00 pm on February 10, 2017.
- Deadline for Lansing Art Gallery deliveries: entries must be received by 4:00 pm on February 11, 2017.
- Returns: All artwork not selected for exhibition will be hand--delivered to each school by Ingham ISD.
Save the Date
MELG and Ingham ISD will host separate receptions for the students exhibiting at their locations. The MELG reception is scheduled for May 11, 2017; Ingham ISD's reception is scheduled for May 3, 2017. Framed student artwork will be returned by MELG and Ingham ISD after the closing of the exhibitions in April 2018.
For more information, contact Sydney Richards at Lansing Art Gallery - 517.374.6400 x0 or email@example.com.