What is online learning?
The advent and growth of online learning is arguably the most significant development in K-12 public education during the last decade according to John Watson author of the annual report “Keeping Pace with K-12 Online Learning”. Online learning is different from video conferencing. Online learning is delivered through the Internet and includes video, text, audio and animation.
What are the benefits of online learning?
Online courses are a cost-effective option to meet and enhance curriculum standards. Students can take online or virtual courses for credit recovery, honors and advanced placement courses and general education courses not available in their schools.
Where can I find more information?
Do you want to learn more about online courses? Check out this short video. How One High School Keeps Students On-Track to Graduate Using Virtual Classes
Do you still have questions about online courses? Here are some more resources for you.
- Education 2020
- GenNet Online Learning
- International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
- Michigan Virtual High School
- Schools in Eaton and Ingham County receive discounts on Michigan Virtual High School registrations through the Mid-Michigan Consortium
- Michigan Online Resources for Educators (MORE)
- Online Learning Beats the Classroom, NY Times