How do I get Started?
- Attend the CACC annual Open House held annually.
- Work with your school counselor to help with career exploration based on your skills and interests.
- Attend the 8th grade visit to the Career Center with your class and add programs of interest to your Educational Development Plan in your junior and/or senior year.
- Develop and review your Education Development Plan (EDP) annually with your parents and counselor to identify what CACC programs match your future education and career goals.
- Each school district has information available about Career Center presentations to students that are done annually with 10th and 11th grade students. Contact your school counselor for more information or for a copy of our Course Guide.
- Attend the CACC annual Open House which will be held on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 from 4:30-7:30 pm.
- Apply for programs of interest for your junior and/or senior year. See enrollment process.
2016-2017 ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Sophomores or juniors (credit status) that reside in or attend school in one of these districts: Dansville, East Lansing, Haslett, Holt, Leslie, Mason, Okemos, Stockbridge, Waverly, Webberville, or Williamston are eligible. Students within the Lansing Public School District,Fowlerville Public Schools, Eaton RESA or Clinton County RESA are also eligible to participate, call for more details.
- You must visit a program at the Career Center. A program visit is a hands-on session in a Career Center program designed to give potential students the opportunity to explore the program. Talk to your high school counselor or the CACC Contact Counselor at your high school for more information.
- You must complete a 2017-2018 CACC Program Application following the program visit and turn it in to your school counselor. The deadline for applications for the 2016-2017 school year is January 23, 2016.
- The following off-site program has a student/parent meeting: CAHEP student/parent meeting on Thursday, January 12, 2017 from 6:30-7:30 pm in Room 605/606 at the Career Center in Mason.
- Open Enrollment for unfilled programs begins April 17, 2017.
Students will be notified about enrollment the week of March 13, 2017.