Spartan Project SEARCH combines classroom time provided by Ingham Intermediate School District with a year-long unpaid internship at Michigan State University. This combination of instruction and immersion in the workplace prepares interns to meet employer expectations. Participants gain experience in a variety of settings that will align to their interests, abilities and availability.
- Work with a teacher and job coach to learn how to perform internship tasks independently.
- Gain the skills needed to obtain a community job that aligns with their vocational goals.
For more information, read the Spartan Project SEARCH brochure.
PROGRAM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Be between 18-26 years of age and eligible for Michigan Rehabilitation Services
- Be willing to participate in a full-day, unpaid training schedule starting at 8:00 am
Ingham ISD Transition Fair
Hosted by Parent Advisory Committee
Saturday, March 5, 2016
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Capital Area Career Center Building
611 Hagadorn Road, Mason, MI 48854
Why attend a Transition Fair?
- To engage students in learning to pursue their post school visions
- To engage families in the transition process with their young adult
- To meet community partners and different community agencies
- To learn together outside an IEP team meeting
Who should attend?
- Students in grades 8-12+, family members, teachers, transition coaches, and anyone else in the Ingham, Eaton and Clinton communities who are interested
- Students who want to experience a mock job interview
For more information or to be a participating partner at our Transition Fair, contact Michelle Rutan, Transition Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517.244.1211.