Heartwood School serves students in Ingham ISD who are eligible to receive services under the categories of moderate and severe cognitive impairments, severe multiple impairments, autism spectrum disorders and traumatic brain injuries. Heartwood staff work with local school districts and families to provide center-based programs and services to students, as determined through the IEP process. Heartwood School does not enroll students independent of local involvement. Children who attend Heartwood School are between the ages of 3 and 26.
The building is a 53,000 square foot facility located on the grounds of Ingham Intermediate School District. The school capacity is approximately 150 students. In addition to the classrooms and office space, Heartwood School has two therapeutic swimming pools, a gymnasium, cafeteria, play areas, sensory room and therapy areas.
All students will achieve their greatest potential in a climate where there are high expectations.
Heartwood will provide a safe, educational environment and culture that will lead to excellence in all endeavors and outcomes.
- All students should be given the opportunity to learn and succeed.
- The goal for each student is to reach his/her potential.
- All individuals have value, worth, and the right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- All individuals have the right to privacy, their opinion, and personal safety.
- All students have the right to have their individual needs addressed.
- All students have the right to have options.
- All students should have learning opportunities in a least-restrictive environment.
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates.
- All staff can create conditions for learning.
- Families, staff and the community work as a team to prepare students for success in the global community.
- The mission and vision are responsibilities we all share.
- We strive for greatness!
625 Hagadorn Road
Mason, MI 48854
Office: (517) 244-1405
Fax: (517) 676-5730
Full Day 8:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Half Day 8:45 AM - 12:15 PM
Early Release 8:45 - 1:30 PM