Early Childhood Services
Early childhood education provides programs and services within Ingham County, through inter-agency collaboration, to promote school readiness of children birth through age eight.
Programs and services provided support Michigan's Early Childhood Outcomes:
- Born healthy;
- Healthy, thriving, and developmentally on track from birth to third grade;
- Developmentally ready to succeed in school at the time of school entry;
- Prepared to succeed in 4th grade and beyond by reading proficiently by the end of 3rd grade.
This is accomplished through:
- Home-education-community partnerships
- Parent/Caregiver involvement with the child’s development
- School readiness for the child
- Family support and resources
- Connections to community resources
- High-quality early education and care
- Parent/Caregiver education
- Professional development of early childhood provider